- Solving nonlinear multidimensional stationary and nonstationary heat transfer problems. Developing methods and means for modelling temperature fields
- Developing the theory of inverse (ill-posed) heat transfer problems; developing methods of identifying heat processes
- Modelling and identification of thermophysical processes in turbo machinery, ICE, spacecraft and electronics devices
- Diagnostics of the condition of power machinery and extending its life
- Energy-saving technologies
1957 – graduated from the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute; majored in dynamics and strength of machines
1972 - till present – with IPMash NAS of Ukraine
1972 - till present - Head of Department for Modelling Heat and Mechanical Processes
1996 - till present – Director of the Institute
1974 - till present – Professor with the Department of General Heat Engineering at the Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute
Degrees, titles, awards and prizes
- 1966 – Cand. Sci. (Eng.) in turbine machine building
- 1974 – Doc. Sci. (Eng.) in heat physics
- 1978 – Professor, theoretical basics of heat engineering
- 1982 – Corresponding Member NAS of Ukraine, heat-and-mass transfer industrial processes
- 1984 – USSR State Prize in Science and Engineering
- 1996 – Honorary Worker of Ukraine in Science and Engineering
- 2003 – Academician of the NAS of Ukraine (Heat physics)
The research results were presented in 400+ publications in national and foreign editions, including 16 monographs and 107+ Inventor's Certificates and patents.
- Matsevity Yu.M.
- Electric modelling of nonlinear problems in engineering heat physics. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1977.- 256 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Maliarenko V.P.
- Modelling the thermal condition of turbo machinery elements. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1979.- 256 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M., Prokofiev V.Ye. and Shirokov V.S.
- Solving IHTP on electric models. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1980. - 133 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Multanovsky A.V.
- Identification in heat transfer problems. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1982.- 238 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Tsakanian O.S.
- Hybrid computing systems for investigating physical fields. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1983.- 296 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Prokofiev V. Ye.
- Modelling nonlinear processes in distributed systems. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1985.- 304 pp
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Kunesh J.
- Hybrid modelling of heat processes. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1987.- 241 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M. and Lushpenko S.F.
- Identification of thermophysical properties of solids. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1990.- 216 pp.
- Yerzhanov R.Zh., Matsevity Yu.M., Sultangazin U.M. and Sheryshev V.P.
- Lumped capacitance in heat transfer problems and micro electronics. – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, 1992.- 296 pp.
- Matsevity Yu.M.
- Inverse Heat Transfer Problems in 2 volumes – Kyiv: Naukova Dumka Publishers, v. 1.Methodology, 2002. - 405 pp., v. 2. Appendices, 2003. - 392 pp.